Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submission Guidelines – USG Autumn Meeting 2018
- Abstracts must be submitted in the timescale allowed..
Opening Date 2nd July
- Closing date 3rd Sept
- all abstracts must be submitted on line using the on line template.
- the text of an abstract submission must not exceed 250 words (excl. title, autors and institute). references are not allowed.
- Authors may only include a max of 2 graphs or figures.
- the title of the abstract should be typed in title case (i.e. the first letter of each word should be capped) there should be no full stops.
- Max length of an abstract should be one side of an a4 sheet. please use times new roman, font size 12, single spacing.
- the authors name should only include initials and surname and should be listed under title (e.g.j.smith)
- The address should be listed next (department, hospital/institution, town, county.
- The following sub headings should be completed
- Introduction/ aim/ method/ results/ conclusions
- The decision in relation to the final categorisation (oral or poster) rests solely with the reviewing panel.
- All authors will be informed of the status of their submissions at least 3 weeks prior to the meeting.
- There will not be a charge for abstract submissions. Authors may submit more than one entry.
- All presenting authors must register for the meeting.
- All submissions will be acknowledged automatically by the on line system. The receipt reference should be for any query.
- There is a sponsored prize fund for the best submissions (oral & poster). Authors must be present to accept their award.
Download USG Abstract Template